Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ready to cement...

21st May 2008

At last, all the hard work preparing the wooden frame and steel bar and frame for the 1st floor is complete. The construction manager, Mr. Thomas informed me that they will cement the first floor by tomorrow morning at 8 am. The cement job may last till afternoon due to the large area. A total of 10 cement trucks and a crane has been ordered for the job. I wish I could witness the historic event, however, I had to go to work tomorrow. I'll drop by in the afternoon to see the progress.

The whole overview of the house

The double staircase are now ready to be cemented. Thanks to the expertise of my construction site supervisor and his helpers to construct such an elegant structure..


The view of the staircases from a different angle

Another view of the staircases from the top



The kid's bedrooms ready for cement

The home theater and Master suites


Crossroad of pipes for the wiring

I noticed that the beam at the main entrance (where the worker is sitting on) was not supposed to be there in the 1st place as the main entrance wall will all be covered with glass. It has been overlooked and luckily I was able to spot it before they cement by tomorrow. They will have to dismantle the wooden frame by tomorrow morning.


The construction manager Mr. Thomas and the site supervisor Asi discussing about the final site preparation for tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Thomas for dropping by and checking out the progress of the house. Apparently, my construction manager knows how to speak Thai which is quite impressive.

No comments: