Sunday, May 4, 2008

Good progress while gardenning...

3rd May 2008
I had to do a little sneak peek at the progress of the house while we were doing some gardenning at the back of the house. I was very impressed with the progress that they had made so far. When I visited my architect and my construction manager at Batu Bersurat, they mentioned to me that the 1st floor beams and columns including the front stair cases will be readied in another 2 to 3 weeks time. This means that my 2nd payment for the house will be due soon. In term of my housing loan, the bank had just informed me this morning that they had faxed all the relevant details to their lawyer and to their bank centre in Bandar by yesterday. The next step for me to do will be the signing off the agreement of the housing loan with their lawyer hopefully by next week. And also by the time my wife and kids arrived in Brunei in June, they will be able to see the huge progress of the whole house.
This morning too, I managed to show some of the fittings that my wife and I had bought in Australia to my architect. He was quite impressed with the bronze outdoor uplight and the silver exhaust fan that we bought at Bunnings Warehouse that he had to borrow it for a while to show it to his electrician. Enough said and enjoy the pics below...


From where we did the gardenning at the back of the house

Overlooking the main reception area from the 1st floor...what a sight!!

Towards the centre of the 1st floor...

2 of the kid's bedrooms...I am still not sure which room belongs to Syafi and Safiya...I guess they will have to choose it themselves in June..

Another angle of the kid's bedrooms from the side. Noticed the curve...

From the front of the kid's bedrooms looking at the completed another 2 of the kid's bedrooms at the end of the house..may be reserved for ironing room and playroom for the kids...or perhaps a mini gym.

The Master Suite and the Audio Visual room. Noticed the centre of the wooden frame in the Audio Visual room has been adjusted by 0.5 metres to the back (from the extra darker wooden frame and also from the gap) and noticed the lowered end for the drop.

The kid's bedrooms from the left side of the house

The car port at the front of the house from the 1st floor...

No comments: