Monday, May 5, 2008

Planting for a good cause...

4th May 2008
This morning I decided to go to the plant market in Gadong to get some more trees and plants, and while I was there I also managed to get a huge bargain. I managed to get almost 20 more 'Anjania' trees which I intended to plant it at the side of the land towards the 'Pasar Borong'. However, my intention to get the 'Pokstil' palm trees was not achieved as I couldn't find it in Gadong. Therefore, I had to go to the argriculture market at Rimba where I managed to grab 8 'Pokstil' palm tree and planted it at the front side of the adjacent land. I also bought 10 more 'Siantan orange', 5 variety of christmass trees, 6 'Delima putih', 6 'Bunga Bayam' or 'Spinach flower' which we planted it at the back of the land. Before we set off to the site, my wife warned me to leave some land for her as she planned to plant some fruit's trees such as Mango, Coconut tree etc by the time they arrive in Brunei in June. Don't worry Alai, there are still plenty of spaces for you and the kids...
As usual, 2 of my in law's gardeners i.e. Ahmad and Suhardi helped out with the gardenning and I also brought along my brother in law, Hazim for an extra hand. We decided to leave home at 10 am and today it took us a good 5 hours to complete the task. All of us were very exhausted after we left at 3 pm as it was a hot sunny day and luckily I managed to bring along my gazebo which proved to be quite handy. This is the least I could do for the environment...

The front of the house. The front beam at the 1st floor is almost done.

At the back of the land where we planted the chrismass trees and the 'Delima putih' or 'White Delima'.

Completed planting the christmass trees and the 'Anjania' trees at the back of the land. One of the watering pot used to water the plants which proved to be quite a challenge, luckily there was a huge pond at the side my land for watering the plant...

Another angle towards the 'Pasar Borong'
'Siantan orange' lined up perfectly


One of my personal favorite


Another christmass tree taken at the back of the house

Planting the 'Anjania' tree at the side of the 'Pasar Borong'

Another task that we managed to complete today was preparing an earth drain at the centre of the land. I had noticed that for the pass few days, water had been clogging up near the construction of the house as it had no way to go after a heavy downpour. Luckily a drain hole had been constructed earlier at the side of the monsoon drain and the only thing left to do was to dig a small earth drain guiding the water towards the monsoon drain.


The water clogged at the back of the construction site


Taking turns in digging the earth drain
Water flowing happily towards the monsoon drain
And straight into a rat hole...


Man-made water fall...Wallaaa!!

No comments: