Sunday, August 3, 2008

Progress over the weekend

3rd August 2008

Yesterday, I had the opportunity of meeting up with Mr. Lai (my 2nd architect from Amir PP) at Batu Besurat for getting his blessing of some of the fixtures that I bought from Brisbane. He was quite impressed with some of the stuffs that I got for the house. We also managed to discuss the design of the balcony and the cabinets of the dry kitchen. After the meeting, we had lunch at Soon Lee's restaurant as I was craving for chicken rice.

This morning however, I managed to go to a lighting shop at Jangsak for a quotation of the chandeliers and down lights. In total, there were around 116 down lights for the whole house but I am still not pretty sure whether to use warm lights with dimmer or energy saver warm lights or energy saver white lights without dimmer. The cost difference between the energy saver warm or white lights and a normal warm lights with dimmer is huge i.e. $3 each for normal warm lights and $12 each for any energy saver lights with a transformer. At the moment, I had decided to use the energy saver white lights in all the bathrooms (not sure whether thats a good choice), energy saver lights at all the high ceiling down lights - inside and outside the house, and the normal warm lights at all over the rooms with dimmer. I may need further consultations regarding the correct lighting to use.

In the afternoon I went to my dad's house at Sungai Liang (Belait district) for a baby shower's ceremony for my sister who had delivered a baby boy sometimes in May. After the ceremony, I went to the site for some updates on the progress of the house. Here's some of the pictures...

Hazim (my brother in law) standing at the Audio Visual room next to the Master bedroom. The picture was taken from the entrance to the Master Suites walk in closet and Bathroom.

Hazim looking at Syafi's walk in closet. The ceiling is pretty high indeed.

These are the windows in Syafi's bedroom

Hazim standing in one of the kid's bedroom at the back of the house

These are some of the woods for the roof truss. At the moment, the roof truss is yet to be installed as we were still waiting for all of the materials to be delivered at the site.

No comments: