Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bleeding for a good cause...

28th August 2008

After leading a stack holder visit to the T201 rig, I had a meeting with Mr. Lai and Mr. Thomas (my architect and construction manager respectively) at Kuala Belait for the payment claims of the house construction. We decided to have lunch at Anjung Warisan Restaurant and Cafe in Pandan, Kuala Belait. Thank you Mr. Thomas for buying us lunch. Over lunch, we managed to discuss about the progress of the house and other important elements of the construction.

In summary:
1) The main door panel and frame will be done by the construction's capenter.
2) The floor and wall tiles will be installed in 3 weeks time - Mid of September. This means that I need to finalise the tiles selection by this weekend.
3) The roof tiles and galvanised zinc have arrived in the country and will be installed once the roof truss work has been completed in less than 2 weeks time.
4) This weekend, I need to go to Gadong to look for the water fountain at the main entrance. Thanks Mr. Lai for the info.
5) Mr. Ah Ting (window man) will give me the quotation of the additional cost soon.

So far, the progress of the house construction looks promising and I'm hoping that it will be ready on time by next year.

Mr. Thomas in black t-shirt and Mr. Lai in red t-shirt

After lunch, I went back to the Head Office and participated in the blood donation program organised by our staff. Surprisingly, I completed filling up the blood bag in just under 3 minutes. My blood pressure must be very strong...Hee.

No pain No gain...

No comments: