Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wiring works has begun

26th June 2008

You may have noticed that it has been a while since this blog is updated.. My wife and I have been busy preparing for my son's birthday celebration. He turns four today, but we celebrated it in advance last night, together with the birthday of my mother-in-law. Nevertheless, I have been visiting the site to view the progress every afternoon after work, so there are lots of pictures to show..

Last Monday (23rd June), the wiring works has begun. There are lots of protruding wires coming out of the wall and the floor. At the same time, I also met up with one more security company personnel as recommended my Mr. Lai. Altogether, I have obtained price quotations from four different companies, and I think that gives my wife and I quite a big range of choice. My advice: choose a company that offers good quality products but does not charge too much for installation works (this installation fee varies greatly from one company to another).

Wall mounted socket in the main living room. We personally requested the sockets to be of that height from the floor.


Heaps of wires...


The floor mounted socket in the dining room.


Wiring in the store room under the double staircases. Perfect for my fridge and standing cooler.


I guess work hours are over. The workers helping themselves out in the pond, hunting for food.


As at yesterday, I am really glad to see that the wooden frame for the roof gutter has been installed at the front portion of the house, on top of the porte cochere. I believe the architecture design of that particular part of the house makes it quite a complex task to finish up the area. Hehe.. and I was quite brave to climb up and walk on the roof beam frame myself and took lots of pictures. By the time my wife saw the pictures (I was at the site alone), she was quite shocked and a bit worried.. I'm not sure if I am allowed to climb up the roof beam again in the future!

Anyway, enjoy the extrinsic and delicate 'artworks' of the roof gutter and roof beam frame, as shown in the pictures that I took. I really hope that the concrete will be poured in soon, so that my wife can see the concrete gutter before she heads back to Brisbane mid-July.

The house viewed from the front, as at 25th June 2008.


Up close and personal with the finished roof gutter frame on top of the porte cochere.


Wooden frames for roof beams.. ready for concrete.


Look at how the metal bars are put together. A real artwork.. no wonder it takes a long time to finish, and that also explains the price which is quite a huge amount to pay!


A real close up look at the concrete roof gutter frame.


Finalising the installation works.


I noticed that the electrician has misplaced the wire connection for the spot light (see the long white pipe). I wanted the spot light to be put under the concrete gutter because having it on top would be awkward.. I think.

More planks are needed in the finishing touches of the gutter frame.

I also notice that plastering works had also made a good progress. The workers are doing a pretty good job, but I am really paying attention on this point because I want to make sure that the walls are smooth and not patchy.

Plastering works at the entrance to the dry kitchen from the entrance foyer.


View from the dry kitchen towards the spiral staircase area and the door leading to the informal living room


Plastering work in the dining room

No comments: