Thursday, June 12, 2008

Roof beams and brick works

11th June 2008

My wife and I visited the site again today to meet with another security company personnel to obtain an alternative quotation price for the house security fixtures. Unfortunately, the appointment was canceled at the last minute.

Anyway, my wife and I noticed that the wooden frame for the roof beam is almost complete. I guess the next job would be putting in the metal bars before pouring cement, and the frame for the concrete roof gutter is also yet to be prepared.

At the ground level, brick works is progressing very fast. My wife and I made a last minute change yesterday by requesting that a small hole be left out on the dry kitchen wall adjoining the wet kitchen. We plan to put a permanent small window but the design is still not settled. Today at the site, we feel that the measurement that I gave to the contractor was under-estimated, the hole was a little bit smaller than expected. I will have to discuss this with Mr Lai probably this weekend. Apart from that, we were delighted with the progress made so far.

View from the back of the house. I have a swimming pool and a play court in my wish list for this large land area still available at the back. We'll see how it goes!


My wife took this picture from the adjoining wholesale wet market (Pasar Borong) earlier on.


Wooden frames for the roof beam on the first floor.


Admiring the high-ceiling area. In front of the double staircases is the main entrance, which will be covered mostly in glass panels. I guess that's why my wife was really appreciating the open area and sat there for quite a while! Hehehe...


The dry kitchen. Notice that small opening?


The wet kitchen (behind my wife) is almost completely bricked. The open area is a small verandah leading the way from the garage (on the right) to the back entrance.


The garage. Workers are still laying bricks at the dining area.


I can't help posting this picture. Some of my plants has bloomed!


No comments: