Sunday, June 22, 2008

Strong winds and heavy rain

21 June 2008

It has been a few days since my last update. After two days of minimal work in the plastering 'department' since the workers had to give way to the air-cond personnels to install the pipings in all the rooms at the ground floor, the work has now slowly resumed. The heavy rain and strong wind that Brunei is currently experiencing also interferes with the completion of the roof beam. Oh well, we can't fight nature... so we'll just have to bear with it.

Today, there were black clouds all over the skies, and we popped by the house for a quick visit and got back in the car just as the rain started to shower. Nevertheless, I notice the workers didn't stop their work until it rains, and we managed to take some pictures of them at work.

Then, we went to Mayer showroom, located at Home Centre, Tanjong Bunot (Thanks Mr Lai for the info). I made suggestions, but I let my wife choose the final built-in oven, hobs and hoods. I only look at the price, but my wife definitely knows better which ones would be suitable to purchase. After all, she will be using the kitchen lots more that myself. Yummmy, I can already taste her delicious cooking, scrumptious cakes and biscuits! Hey, focus! Hehe... A tip from my wife: Hunt for cooking hoods manufactured by professionals. My mother-in-law bought one (not branded) few years back from a general electrical company in Brunei for B$700++ but it didn't take long to deteriorate. Such a waste...

Alright then, more pictures next time!

Syafi and Safiya on the way to the site, ready with their boots.


Installation of wooden frame for the roof beam at the front, the only side that has not been completed.


One of the workers put a sand barrier along the spiral staircase wall to minimise rain water flowing down to the ground floor that has been nicely plastered. The hole was then covered with plywood.


The camera captured sand debris and water vapours.. You may also notice the trees swaying back and forth due to the strong wind.

No comments: