Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Plastering work begins

16th June 2008

I called my wife on the way home from the office to meet up at the site. However, she was already in the Sengkurong area because she was bringing Safiya to meet up with a doctor due to her cough and flu. As such, my wife and kids had to wait for me for about 50 minutes and they enjoyed a light snack at the nearby KFC.

Anyway, back to the house.. Workers had achieved quite a lot for the day (now that we actually visit the site almost everyday). Metal bars are now being brought up to be installed in the roof beam frames. At the same time, plastering job has begun, firstly at the ablution room adjoining the prayer room area. All door frames have been installed, and the wall under the double staircases are then being constructed.

Apart from the good progress, what really caught my eye is the apparent curve of the double staircases, which can be really appreciated from the reception foyer, the living rooms and from the top. Now that I think of it, this house has lots of curves, not to mention the huge curved windows in major parts of the house! Enjoy these pictures!


Welcome to our Hindi-style staircases.. Hehe.. at least that's what my parents told me.. We really like how the staircases turn out to be.. Months of imagining by looking at the house layout plan has made us very anxious!


The curved staircases viewed from the top.

Plastering job... good progress!


Discussing sewerage issues with one of the workers. This plastered wall area is the ablution room.


The three doors under the double staircases taking shape. Hmmm... what three doors, you say? It's clearer in the next picture.


The doors viewed from the dry kitchen. If you notice my labels, doors no. 1 and no. 3 are doors leading to storage areas under the staircases, while door no. 2 leads to the reception foyer. The original plan was to have 'hanging' staircases, but in order to optimise space usage, we decided to cover the bottom of the staircases with walls and convert the space into storage area.


The workers had started bringing up long metal bars to be installed in the roof beam frames. Just look at that height!


The curved wall in the formal living room. That opening will be covered with a three-fold sliding door which leads to the dining room.


The curved wall in the informal living room. You may notice two door frames in the right corner.. One leads to the powder room, while the other is entrance to the guest bedroom.


Welcome to our home... Hehe, imagining myself welcoming guests at the main entrance.


I'm glad to see the immersed wall especially moulded for the wall light.


The dining room viewed from the garage.


Wow! That's a spacious roof gutter! Hehe, I asked the help of one of the Thailand workers to take this picture with his friend smiling. My wife didn't let me go up there and take the picture myself (hehe.. as if I have the guts to do it anyway!)


I told you it was scary.. Look at this view from the roof gutter.. The cars look tiny!


Syafi and Safiya playing in the huge backyard.


Trying out the grass that I planted earlier. Love you very much, kids!

No comments: