Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home Security...should you put a price on it?

2nd June 2008
On the last day of the long weekend, there were several errands that I had to do. Firstly, I send 2 of my maids to the immigration department to renew their green Brunei IC. While leaving the maids there waiting for their turns, I went to Telanai to fix my 4 by 4 air con at one of the air con service shop behind the Telanai Complex. The reason being was the car air con was not as cold as it used to be as it has been almost a month I left it in the garage and didn’t start it or even drive it. Apparently, the mechanics had spotted a leak in one of the pipe and it was then replaced with a new one. At the same time, I also met my architect Mr. Lai, as he needed my signature of the claim letters before he could proceed the claim at the bank. Before I went to pick up my maids, I went to the Avant Security office at Batu Bersurat to meet with their sales manager, Mr. Kevin and discussed about the home security plan that I wanted to install at my home. we then decided to meet up at the site around 4.30 pm.


My car at the "very cold air con services company" which I found behind the Telanai Complex by accident a couple of months ago.
Business hour of the "very cold air con services company" nicely hand written at the side of the shop. It even open on Sunday.

While waiting for the air con to be fixed, I noticed 3 buildings behind the air con shop which is named quite interestingly. Each of the block may be owned by the same families. The one above named "blok Alai" which is a name you call to someone dearest to you.


This one "blok Adek" means the younger sister's block.

And "blok Abang" is the elder brother's block.


In the afternoon, I went to the site to meet up with the Avant Security Sales Manager, Mr. Kevin, where we discussed about the layouts of the house and the position of the CCTVs and the motion detectors inside and outside the house for home security.I found the price of the outdoor CCTV offered by his company to be quite expensive i.e. at $550 each with infra red and weather proof and the motion detector at $150 for indoor and $350 for the outdoor. In total, a whopping of $4K to $5K will be spent for the home security. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to see the quotation from them I hope to get a better offer from them. Thanks Mr. Kevin for taking some of your times at the site.

The progress of the whole overview, the wooden frame of the 1st floor ceiling were being installed.

The Avant Security company car at the site


The bricks had been initially laid out at the prayer room

No comments: