Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Syafi and Safiya finally arrives at the site

10 June 2008


After a long anticipation, my wife and kids finally arrive at the site. The project began after they left Brunei for Australia, so definitely they were very excited to see first hand that the house structure has been built. This also explains why I haven't been able to update the blog until now, my time is filled with entertaining Syafi and Safiya after they arrive here last Saturday.

Anyway, back to the project, the workers have now completed laying brick works at the prayer room and most part of the back of the house. They are now moving towards the kitchen and living room areas. At the same time, roof beams are now being prepared as well. From the information that I received from my architect, the roof beams and the concrete gutter might take a while to finish. Nevertheless, my wife and I both hope that lots of progress will be achieved before they return to Brisbane mid-July.

They really looked happy in this picture.. priceless!


My son, Syafi has always been talking about wanting to go up and down the curved staircases. Now his wish has been fulfilled..


At the garage


Syafi playing with a puddle. The top floor is still open at this area for the spiral staircase which leads to the dry kitchen. Good thing my kids were wearing their rain boots.


The prayer room


This is the ablution area, viewed right through to the back of the house.


No comments: