Monday, June 16, 2008

Installation of door frames

15th June 2008

It was quite a busy day today spending my quality time with my wife and the kids. Nevertheless, I managed to squeeze my time to visit the site twice. In the early morning when the children were still asleep, I went to the site to show the contract workers the wall light that I intend to put near the main entrance door. I requested that the body of the wall light be immersed in the concrete wall, leaving only the curved metal front outside the wall. After taking the necessary measurements, and a quick tour of the house, I went home.

In the afternoon, I went to the site again, together with the whole family for a short visit. I noticed that the brick works are now complete at the ground level, and the workers had started installing the door frames and sealing the gaps with cement. The installation of the roof gutter frame has also continued, but quite a work is yet to be done. It is understood though, since the installation is no easy task.

Entrance to the formal living room. What is left now is to construct an arch on top.


The dining room is now ready. The entrance at the far front leads to a verandah, while the entrance on the right leads to the garage. My wife and I purposely request a huge door so that if needed, we can set up tables in the garage as well, especially during festivities such as Hari Raya. Of course, to resolve the issue of air-conditioning, we will install air-curtains on top of the entrance.


Door frames being installed.



This door frame has been sealed with cement. This leads from the dry kitchen to the informal living room area.


The maid's bedroom. Installation of a door frame towards the in-suite bathroom is also taking place. I also notice that the workers had moved their temporary kitchen here.

No comments: