Monday, April 28, 2008

We bought some lighting fixtures from Brisbane

27th April 2008

While in Brisbane, we went shopping for some stuff for the new house. My main aim is to search for uplights that can withstand weight and moisture to be fitted outside the house as is included in the house plan. We wanted the house to be lit from the ground to create a beautiful effect at night. I had difficulty finding suitable uplights in Brunei, and I am delighted that I was able to find them in Brisbane instead.

My wife is still looking around for some more fixtures in Brisbane, and I'm sure she will find beautiful and elegant looking ones... she has quite a good taste and she loves interior design. Hehehehe!

Anyway... So, what have we bought so far? Here they are:


We bought lots from IKEA. We got 6 ceiling lamps, two long spotlights for the master walk-in-closet (my wife's idea) and some other fittings. We'll definitely go there again during my next visit in July.


This is the IKEA ceiling lamp that I was referring to. We bought them at good bargain, it was on sale for AU$4.95 each (original price is AU$39.00).


We bought this spotlight (lighting track) for AU$16.95 each.



Uplights, wall lamps and cool-looking exhaust fans for the master bathroom and powder room. All from Bunnings Warehouse.

(Below): My kids helped out their mummy packing the stuff with bubble-wrap... all ready for me to bring back home!

No comments: