Friday, April 11, 2008

Anti-termite treatment

10th April 2008

Before the completed soil filling is to be covered with plastic and BRC steel frame for the flooring, I had requested for the whole area i.e. inside and outside the house to be sprayed with anti-termite chemical as the land was once a swampy area. I was also advised to re-apply the chemical outside the compound of my house once in every two years. (Well, we'll see how it goes...)

As I was out at work this morning, I was not able to witness the whole operation. However, my 2nd architect, Mr. Lai made the effort to come and supervised the job. My parents in law were also at the site when they were preparing the chemical mixture, but did not stay long as they couldn't stand the pungent smell of the chemical. It was so strong even all the construction workers had to take a break.

This operation was performed by Tatco Enterprise at the cost of $1800 (Brunei dollars). This was an extra cost since it is not included in the building contract (I should have insisted for that!). From the photo, you can see that for every litre of the chemical, 50 litres of water need to be added before the spraying works is carried out.

The chemical already mixed with water.


Initial preparation: getting the mixing drum and hoses ready.


Connecting the hose with the air compressor.


Spraying works being carried out at various part of the house, inside and out.

No comments: