Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Soil filling works complete at last

7th April 2008

This afternoon after work, I went to the site for the appointment I made with the land filling contractor. Yesterday, I had requested that he carry out extra works to construct a driveway to the adjacent lands. I also requested a small repair to my part of the land (at the back) that had subsided as a result of the recent land filling works. When doing the works recently, the trucks passed through my land and hence the height has been reduced at some areas. I noticed today that the job had been completed.

For extra information: my part of the land had been land-filled last year while the adjacent lands belonging to my siblings were just completed.

(Above) The driveway to my siblings' land now exists!
(Below) This is the part where my land used to be subsided. Now its back to the way it was before. By the way, these two men are Indonesians fishing at the pond adjacent to our land.




With regard to the house, the contractors had completed soil filling throughout the whole area accept for the dining hall, dry kitchen and the main entrance as they ran out of soil. They may resume with the soil filling by tomorrow I guess.

Whole overview from the front (above) and back (below).



Soil filling works almost complete. What a view!
(Oh, the section where you can see white drainpipes, that will be the laundry room. Further ahead, that will be the ablution area and the powder room).


In this picture, the lowest floor is the car porch. To the right is the dining room and towards the front is the wet and dry kitchen areas.


Main reception foyer. Notice the steel bars? That would be the initial structure for the staircases.



No comments: