Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cement works

12th April 2008

This morning I decided to go to the site and I was very surprised to see a crane and 2 cement trucks parked in front of the house. Frankly I did not expect them to cement the floor that soon.

The sight of the heavy machineries welcomed me on site.

When I arrived, they had completed cementing the guest's and the maids' bedroom area. I was very impressed with the scale of the operation and I'm feeling very excited at the same time with the progress they had made.

Cement being poured at the dry kitchen area.


Leveling the cement that has been poured.


Main living hall ready for some cement.

Luckily, I was at the site before they cemented the dining area as I spotted a small error whereby the contractors had missed preparing the pipe at the centre of the dining area for a floor-mounted power socket. This was included in the electrical layout of the house plan. The purpose of this socket when I checked with my wife is for any electrical item such as food warmers if we are to put them on the dining table.

The electrician made a last-minute alteration by adding the piping for the floor mounted power socket.


"Octopus wiring"

I also noticed that some contractors were busy expanding the workers' quarters. I was informed that this was to make more room for extra man power, so altogether there are currently about 10 workers on site.


This morning too, I went to Bee Seng company in Kampong Bunut, the sole supplier of Mitsubishi brand air-conditioners for a preliminary discussion on the proposal of the aircon installation. I was very happy with the outcome of the proposal and they promised to come back to me by next week before I fly to Brisbane. The proposal should also include the schedule of the piping installation since we requested it to be readily installed in the walls.

After the appointment with Bee Seng, I went to Batu Bersurat to meet with my second architect, Mr. Lai for the anti-termite services payment. By the way, thanks Mr. Lai for the pictures during the course of the anti-termite treatment.


1 comment:

Sulekha.com said...

Thanks for the Blog..

http://termitetreatment1.blogspot.in/