Sunday, April 6, 2008

Soil filling and clearing surrounding grounds

5th April 2008

This afternoon, I brought Ahmad (one of my father in law's gardeners) to the site to assist in clearing up some unwanted shrubs at the back of my land.



With regard to the project, I observed that the workers were busy filling up the spaces between all the beams with soil. When I arrived, they had completed the works on the right part of the house and were still busy finishing up the remaining areas, including the main living hall area. I was informed that once soil-filling works has been carried out completely, they will start leveling the ground with cement. Before that though, on my request, anti-termite substance will be put and due to the large floor area, my contractor told me that it may cost me more than what was expected.



(Above) Whole overview of the project from the front. (Below) Soil-filling works still carried out. In this picture, work is being done on the main living hall area.




(Above) The informal living room, prayer room and guest bedroom area has been completely soil-filled. (Below) The project viewed from the back. You may notice a slight variation in the height of my land compared to the adjoining lands that belong to my siblings (mine is elevated).


At the same time, the land filling works at the lands adjoining mine has also been completed. These land areas are now leveled out but a little lower than my part of the land. In the near future I plan to create a hedge surrounding my land and perhaps some fruit trees as well.



Land filling works completed to the right of my house (above) and behind it as well (below)... job well done! Oh, and for extra information, the white building with green roof that you see in the vicinity is Pasar Tani or better known as Pasar Borong, basically a wholesale market of farm produce. Lucky us, we will never fall short of fresh vegetables and fruits! And to those who has been following this blog, you can see the diverted river from the picture below... made of concrete and surrounded by orange and white coloured fence.




In addition, today I had also carried out some paperworks. I settled the first payment due in the building contract (Well, almost all the amount due, I actually still owe the contractor a little more since my housing loan has not been finalized yet). Thank you Mr. Lai and Mr. Thomas (my 2nd Architect and my construction manager) for your tremendous help, understanding and support.

I had also made arrangements with CH William to request a price evaluation of the land and house construction as is required as part of my housing loan process. I was promised a complete report by Saturday next week (talk about efficient!), so that I could apply the loan by the next Monday. Brilliant!

No comments: