Thursday, November 20, 2008

In the midst of the gloomy moments...

2oth November 2008

It has been quite a while since my last update. My family has been in sadness ever since my wife's grandfather was admitted to hospital and was affirmed to be having a lung infection and pneumonia. After a week, he finally succumbed and passed away peacefully last Tuesday. It is fortunate that my parents-in-law decided to fly back home last week on Thursday after receiving the bad news. On the sad side though, my poor kids are now feeling abandoned and homesick, especially Syafi who according to my wife has always been begging to fly back to Brunei, and even school does not seem to interest him anymore. It must be lonely for my wife and kids in the three bedrooms house. I really hope that Syafi will be brave for a little while longer until my trip to Brisbane next week.

Anyway, despite the sadness, the house looks better with the new developments, mainly the ceiling works. Lighting fixtures have been installed in some parts of the rooms as well as the balcony on the first floor. Now, we're in the process of finalising the internal paint colours.

Enough said, enjoy these pictures:

(Top and above) Ceiling works in the formal living room


Dining room


Wet kitchen


Pictures showing the installed downlights in one of the bedrooms


Some of the outer wall lights that will light up our balcony on the first floor

No comments: