Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where have I been?


4 December 2008

Some of you may notice that it has been days since I updated the blog. The reason is mainly because I am currently in Brisbane helping out my wife and children pack up before going back to Brunei for good mid-December. Hehehe.. of course at the same time we also spend quality time going on vacations to some of Australia's interesting places to visit. Updates on this can be seen in our other [blog].

Putting that aside, here are pictures that I took before my trip to Brisbane last week. Basically, the workers were finishing up the balcony on the first floor, as well as more progress in ceiling works.

We now have a balcony! Thank you Mr. Lai for the design...


More ceiling works. Picture shows the cornice at the master walk-in closet being painted.


My wife designed this curved ceiling for the informal living. Glad to see it in real!


A mini dome at the prayer room


Ceiling at the master bedroom

Anyway, here in Brisbane, the search for fixtures and fittings for the house doesn't end. When shopping at IKEA a few days back, I finally found a wash basin (sink) for the children's playroom at the perfect size, just as I like it. The price is about $40 cheaper than a bigger one that I can find in Brunei, so my wife and I decided to make the purchase.


Alright then, that's it, and more updates will be posted as soon as we're back home in Brunei! Until then, enjoy this final month of the year, and hope everyone will have a great start in 2009!

Sincerely from us at
House of Syafi & Safiya

No comments: