Monday, October 13, 2008

Update after 12 days in Brisbane

13th October 2008

Ohh... how time flies! We're now already in October.. It seems like the year has just started, and it's now clear to me that our home has been undergoing construction for 8 months since last February. Anyway, before I forget, sorry for not updating this blog for a while. Some of you are aware that I have been spending the last 2 weeks (almost) in Brisbane to celebrate the Hari Raya festivities with my wife, two adorable children and my parents-in-law. I arrived back yesterday afternoon, and had a quick peek at the progress so far.

So... what's new? Here's the list of the new developments:

  • Roofing works is still under way. I'm not surprised though because my architect did tell us that this takes a long time.
  • The first floor has been painted, and the ground floor will be too, soon.
  • The floor on the first floor has been smoothened, ready for the tiles and laminated timber floors. As for the ground floor, so far only the main living area is ready for tiles. The other rooms still need smoothening.
  • Tiles have been delivered, and I was informed that tiling works will begin soon, starting in the bathrooms.
  • Some details has been added; the triangular feature on top of our twin towers, steps at the main entrance and column details at the garage area.
Well, so far so good. Especially to my lovely wife and kids, enjoy these pictures.. I know you've been waiting to see updates!

First glimpse of the house outer paint.


Steps at the main entrance


Added detail to the garage column


Smooth floors, ready for tiles

No comments: