Thursday, July 10, 2008

Preparation for works on the first floor

9th July 2008


In the afternoon today, the whole family again visit the site. I guess we'll be regularly visiting the site since our journey to Brisbane is just around the corner and my beloved family will not be back here until December. I'm sure my wife especially will be missing lots of development in the construction (the roofing works especially which my wife really wants to see in person), but this blog will help make sure that nobody is being left out.

Anyway, as at today, we notice that the workers has been preparing for brick works at the first floor. Most of the wooden support has been removed, revealing large exposed areas yet to be bricked. It also helps us appreciate the high-ceiling area more and I can already imagine how the house will turn out to be in the end. Until then, I'll just have to wait and see!

Enjoy these pictures...

Most of the first floor area is now clear of the wooden supports. Now we can really appreciate the view ... only until the brick works begin, that is!


Some more supports to be removed.


Sand already brought up, ready for the cement mixture.


A clearer view at the roof gutter now that the support has been removed.


Myself and the kids standing in the play room while my wife takes our picture from the master bedroom area.


The high-ceiling area ... which reminds me that we still need to hunt for the extra-huge chandelier on top of the double staircases!


It's really a dream come true to have the twin staircases.. We stood on the left side and my wife went down using the one on the right.


The back view. Notice the cleared up wall area on the first floor.

No comments: