Saturday, July 19, 2008

Decorative beam

18th July 2008

My wife and I have been visiting the site yesterday and today afternoon. Today is also the last day that my wife will be on site since our flight to Brisbane is early morning tomorrow, at 1.45 a.m. To help finalising last minute preparations, I took the day off. It's quite sad for my wife ... I can tell from the looks of her face (although she tried to hide it from me). But at least she and the kids did have the chance to view quite a lot of development in the construction process. I think by the time they are back for good in Brunei in December, the construction would be in the final stage. I guess that's why it is hard for my wife to bid farewell to our house!

The house from the front as at today. The view would definitely be different by the time my family comes back in December.


Back view ... with brick walls on both floors.


One of the bedrooms taking shape. All the bedrooms will have in-suite bathrooms.


Besides brick layering works, we also notice that the workers had started putting the decorative beam along the outer walls of the house. Frankly, this detail is easily to be overlooked, but thankfully the workers pay attention to every details of the house plan. The decorative beam, although a small detail, but adds feature to the house, as designed by Faizal, our first architect. It looks exclusive too.

Decorative beam under construction, as at 17th July 2008.


The decorative beam as at today.


Constructing more beams at the other side of the house.


Another look at the beam that has been finished.


A closer look at the beam.

As a final note, I will be in Brisbane with my family until 30th July 2008. So... this is it for now, there won't be any updates until August. Until then, enjoy viewing this blog ... and my kids' BLOG site too!

No comments: