Friday, December 19, 2008

Colourful, comforting and beautiful

19 December 2008

Finally, after three agonising weeks of wondering how our house looks like, my wife and I finally visited the site yesterday afternoon after work. The plan was to drop by straight after arrival at the airport last Wednesday, but the flight was delayed and by the time we landed, it was already after sunset.

Anyway, so far there are lots of progress with the construction works.. and what better way to say it than show you the latest pics! So, here goes...

The front car port. I'm glad that my wife likes my choice of ceiling lights.


The ceiling works at the main foyer. I can't wait to see our choice of large chandelier that will be the focal point of the area.


One of the air curtains, hidden in the ceiling. It will later be decorated with cornice at the sides.


Formal living room... Cornice done and painted. Perhaps you can see the space for our air-conditioners at the far side of the room.


As we were admiring the ceiling works, I was surprised to see that the spiral staircase at the dry kitchen leading to the first floor had been installed! I tried it out straight away!


And now, let's direct you to the first floor...

The library... Ceiling and wall has been painted.


Almost all bedrooms has been painted. Most rooms has its own feature walls, highlighted by a different shade of paint. It's quite colourful, especially the kids' bedrooms!
From the top: the green spare bedroom, pink for Safiya, brown for Syafi and yellow-orange for the playroom.

This is our master suite. I guess they are out of paint.. but at least the ceiling is done!


And finally, picture taken in the home theatre, through to the main bedroom (on the right), master bathroom and the walk-in-closet at the end.

Another new development is the balcony which is almost finished, except for the floor tiles that is yet to be finalised. We're hoping to be able to pick our choice of tile by this week so that the workers can start laying them down. This time, I think I'll let my wife decide, since most of the house tiles are my choices since my family was still in Brisbane that time. I used to take pictures of the tiles from the shop, sent them via email to my wife and she would recommend her choices based solely on those pics... hard work, right? Hehehe...


One delightful surprise... Apparently one very good friend of mine, Sateria Pahlawan, paid a visit to the house while I was away in Brisbane. Interestingly, my wife thinks that Sateria must have come prepared; he brought the right pen to write on our wall tiles without leaving any marks behind. I mean... who has a marker pen handy at all times? Hehehe... Anyway, thanks mate for the kind words!


In all, my wife and I are happy with the progress so far. More pictures coming soon!

No comments: