Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Permanent water pipes underway

5th May 2010

After almost a year moving in, there are finally signs of having permanent water pipes installed. It may sound like such a long time, but we are actually quite lucky since one of my neighbours had been living on our street for years and only now that the relevant authorities take action. This whole time, we had been relying on temporary water lines with the help of black rubber pipes (as you can see in one of the pictures below).

The main water meter has been put up close to the entrance of our street and pipes have been laid down underground. The only downside is that our dirt/gravel road has now worsened after the digging works. To add more to the deterioration, our neighbour at the end of the street owns a lorry that passes by daily. Thankfully, perhaps acknowledging their contribution towards the damage, the lorry driver had agreed to find some unwanted gravel stones to patch up the road.

I hope that the works will be completed soon. At the same time, I also hope that our application for asphalt will be approved in the near future.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You have a lovely family. I really enjoyed your blog. I am unfamiliar with your contury. So glad to get a chance to learn.

I am collecting nationwide hits and international flags on my blog. Please come visit me and let my flag counter record your visit!

josephinafinchworthsflaghunt.blogspot.com