Friday, February 12, 2010

Our new flag pole

12th February 2010

Finally, we are now proud to have a permanent flag pole installed. It was quite an investment since it costed me more than a thousand Brunei dollars, but it's definitely worth the wait. The supplier took around four days to finally put up the stainless steel structure. The first day, they cemented the base and after three days of hardening under the sun, a huge truck came by and unloaded the pole with a crane. The installation itself took only around 15 minutes.

Once I arrived home from work yesterday afternoon, I didn't waste anymore time and had a small flag hoisting "ceremony" with the help of my two adorable children. We waited for that gush of wind to see the flag move, but luck was not on our side.

Fortunately, today was windy and my wife managed to snap two photos of the hoisted flag. It was a pretty sight!

The base on the first day


On the fourth day... flag pole installed on the hardened concrete base


The flag pole viewed from the front road and another angle from the side of our home


Pictures that my wife took at noon today

No comments: