Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcoming more guests during Hari Raya

4th October 2009

From noon until late last night, we held another open house for our friends and families, mainly colleagues of ours. We also invited my son's school friends and their pictures can be seen on the other [blog]. The chef for yesterday is my mother-in-law and the theme was a Malay traditional menu. It consisted of white rice, "nasi kabuli" (rice with beef), beef bone stew, daging salai rebus kunyit, ayam masak merah (sweet sour chicken), sambal hati, and two local vegetables; batang pisang and sayur buah tarap. Too bad we were so busy that we forgot to take pictures of the scrumptious menu!

In addition to that, my wife also made baked pasta, one with minced beef and another with ratatouille especially for my vegetarian colleague. We also had sweet corn, egg mayo sandwiches and a variety of local seasonal fruits.

A special thanks to our chef of the day and our heartiest appreciation to all the guests who came. We wish all Selamat Hari Raya.

My wife's officemates


With her friends from university days...


My colleagues from Shell


A good friend of my father-in-law


Cousins...


Our blogger friend, Ciliqueen


Another colleagues of mine (standing up). She brought along her sisters and coincidentally, her brother-in-law is Dr. Syafiq, the doctor who was in charge of my late mother's treatments during her battle with cancer. What a small world!

No comments: