Monday, September 28, 2009

Unplanned bed & breakfast

28th September 2009

Last night we welcomed a guest from abroad. Saeed M. Al-Mubarak is working with Saudi's oil company, Aramco, and is a distinguished lecturer with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). Unfortunately his flight schedule did not go as planned and Saeed had to find alternative ways in order to reach Brunei.

In the end, he had to fly through Singapore and arrived at almost midnight last night. Not willing to drive straight to Belait district (about an hour drive) due to the heavy wind and rain, I decided to welcome our guest to our home instead. My wife and I had earlier on prepared for his arrival and we are really delighted that our guest is very kind to accept our invitation.

We took some pictures during breakfast today. We prepared chicken rice, cereals and bread as well as hot drinks for our distinguished guest. To Saeed, thank you and we hope that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us.




1 comment:

Saeed said...

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
What a small world. The trip was really very hectic and exhausting specially the trip from Saudi Arabia to Brunei. But I realized that all the trip worth all the efforts. I came to meet a very special, gentle and generous person like you. There are no words in any dictionary that describe how grateful I am to your hospitality. Although, my stay in Brunei did not last for even a day, I have enjoyed every single minute of it; the guest room, the prayer room, the breakfast, the quick tour, the drive Shell office, shell office tour, the presentation and feedback, going to Saeed house and having the tea and Egyptian sweet, the tour back to your home, the traffic jam in our way to the airport, the good bye…
The rest of the SPE Distinguished Lecturer trips to KL and Vietnam went very well and I did enjoy them as well. They are all trips to be remembered.
I would like to thank you again and would like to tell you that you will be always part of my prayers. Please pass may Salam to the family, do take care and stay in touch.
All the best wishes
Saeed M. AlMubarak