Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A challenging task

28th June 2010


Nope, I am not talking about our new baby boy. He is definitely an easy-going baby with minimal tantrum episodes - he only cries when he is sleepy, hungry or uncomfortable. His picture is put here because he also witnessed the task that I'm going to tell you about.

So what do I mean by a challenging task? It's this...


About a week ago, my elder children were playing with balls. They were tossing them down from above the stairs, and one green ball landed right inside our huge chandelier - way up high!

Finally just a day before Syafi's birthday, I decided that the ball must go. Equipped with a tall ladder on top of four tables (with the assistance of our maids holding the ladder), I managed to push the ball up so as not to be so entangled in between the small metal parts within the chandelier. Then, from above, I put some sticky tape on a long pole and managed to pull out the ball.


It was definitely not easy, coupled by the fact that standing at such an altitude made me prone to danger. Thankfully, my sweat was worth it in the end.

This is definitely a down side of having a chandelier hanging from a high ceiling - but hey, these things doesn't happen everyday, right?

No comments: