Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We have finally moved in

28th June 2009

Wow... talk about busy... I couldn't really find a spare time to update the blog. Yes, we have moved in, finally, after my parents-in-law arrived back in Brunei after their 10-day trip to West Malaysia (and thankfully they are all well and healthy).

On 25th May which is a Thursday night, we started our historical journey from my in-laws place during dusk (Maghrib) and were greeted by already waiting family members at the new house. Once stepping in, we were brought straight to the master bedroom for a special prayer recitation by my wife's cousin who is a former Imam.

Then, we performed a group Maghrib prayer in the prayer room and recited some prayers. While waiting for Isya' prayer time, we had dinner thanks to my mother-in-law's cooking expertise. After performing the Isya' prayer (and some house-touring of course), our guests bid farewell and then began our first night at our own home.

But, we were not alone. My two sisters and their families as well as my nephew decided to sleep over to accompany us and the house was dedinitely filled with cheer and laughter with their presence.

The following night, we hosted my son's birthday as planned, and we had an enjoyable dinner. We are very grateful that the moment we had been waiting for all this time had come.

Here are some pictures of the new home, courtesy of my sister's camera. Most of these pictures were taken during Syafi's [birthday celebration].


No comments: